Benefits For The Community
- Economic development and growth are stimulated because jobs are retained and created in the community.
- Indirect employment is impacted, as a business location not only creates jobs specific to itself, but also creates opportunities for suppliers and service providers in the community.
- New businesses may be attracted, as an FTZ can be a valuable asset to them.
- Improved infrastructure and expanded tax base, as a result of higher employment and the influx of new businesses, can also occur.
- For all these reasons, more than 240 communities throughout the U.S. support and rely on the benefits the FTZ program offers public as well as private entities.